Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wedding Card Attempt


I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in how this card turned out. Live and learn. I used A muse stamp and MFT card stock for the actual image. Love the card stock. The papers were pretty too. I wanted to use grey as I thought the papers I picked would be a little more sophisticated. In retrospect, I think this would have looked better if the image were on a smaller piece of cardstock, especially, using white. The Amuse images are always small and I think that's why their cardstock is so much smaller. Proportionately their images are better on smaller paper. I really had fun using the cuttlebug embossing envelope for the grey paper and I think the ribbon and pearl brads are perfect for a wedding card. I am afraid to mess around with the card at this point though, because the wedding shower is at 2 today and I just don't have time to start over. It was still fun to shop for the stamp. That was another thing, I didn't really have time to order a stamp I really liked and the bride is older and this is a first marriage for her and she is not a "foofy" kind of person. I would have liked to have found a bella stamp or something just a little bit "more". Twelve more days til I graduate and just a few days after that I finish with finals and then I think I am going to do quite a bit more experimentation and class taking for my rubberstamping hobby=)

5 comments:

  1. We all learn by trial and error. I love gray for wedding cards. It's so classy and elegant looking. I'll bet if you downscaled the card just a tad you'd be happier with it. What a sweet image and perfectfor a wedding card. I love the ribbon! Don't get discouraged. Just keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! It has a very elegant feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure whoever is receiving the card will think it is beautiful and thoughtful and that is the important part! If you wanted to play with it more, the simplest thing might be to sponge some light color around the edges of the white (putting scrap paper over the sides of the card to keep the ink just on the white). If you were doing it over, I think making the white layer smaller and putting another layer or two behind it would be good. But really, we are often too critical of our own work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how about punching all four sides of the mounted paper? That would look elegant too! Nice job for a first go round, don't be critical, the person who receives it won't be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute, I love the soft colors, scallops and polka-dots! Awesome job! Sometimes less is more, don't fret. Besides to those who arn't "crafty" they think everything we do is wonderful! ;0)

    ReplyDelete